Sunday, October 16, 2011

A little bit about me...


...I am a recent graduate from UC Berkeley and the truth is I have no idea where my life is going to take me next. The one thing I do know is that I have a passion for cooking and I have decided to start this blog to fuel that passion. Up until about two years ago I didn't even know I could cook. I knew how to boil spaghetti and that was about it. In the spring of 2010 I studied abroad in Rome, Italy and that's when I discovered I actually had some skill in the kitchen. Before Rome I lived in a sorority, in dorms, and before that, home...meaning I never had to cook for myself. Although I ate out a LOT in Italy, I realized that if I wanted to have any sort of a figure or savings when I returned home I was going to have to start cooking for myself. I have always appreciated good food, I just never thought I could create it. Well I was pleasantly surprised by my first few dishes and from there my love for cooking blossomed. This blog is going to be about my culinary journey and I would love to share it with you. Most of the blog will be devoted to sharing my favorite recipes, so if you enjoy eating well, then stay tuned!
Bon appetit!
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Great receipes Katie. How about posting the one for 'Basil Butter'. I lost my notes! Very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete