Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Roasted Asparagus

If you're reading this blog then that means you probably enjoy cooking and if you enjoy cooking then you probably already know how to cook asparagus in some way or another.  I'm putting up this recipe because when I was first learning how to cook I stumbled across this recipe and it changed the way I make asparagus forever.  It's extremely simple and makes a great side dish for just about anything. 

(I just realized I took this picture before serving it and drizzling the balsamic over the top, but you get the main idea.  Next time I make it I'll update the picture)

Ingredients
Asparagus (about 4-5 spears per person)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Good Balsamic Vinegar

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Cut the bottoms of the asparagus to remove the tough ends.  Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place the asparagus on the foil.  Drizzle with oilve oil and season with salt and pepper.  (I highly recommend sea salt or kosher salt).  Roll the asparagus in the olive oil and seasonings to coat evenly. 

Cook for about 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus. 

Serve and drizzle with just a touch of balsamic vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment