Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Toasted Rosemary Cashews

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I know I probably should have posted before thanksgiving to offer up some yummy recipes, but to be honest this was only my second Thanksgiving actually cooking so I figured I would wait until next year to add some turkey day specialties.  However, I did make rosemary cashews which have always been a crowd pleaser.  A family friend gave me this recipe and if you're throwing any kind of get together I highly recommend making a batch of this...maybe even 2 so you have some leftover. 


(I got the picture a little late, at least you know they're good)

Ingredients:
1 pound roasted unsalted cashews (see note)
2 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp light brown sugar
1 Tbsp kosher salt (or less)
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Note: You can use salted cashews, but if you do then omit the kosher salt. 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread cashews out on a sheet pan. Toast in oven until warm, about 5 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, sugar, salt and butter. Thoroughly toss the warm cashews with the spiced butter and serve warm. (They keep well in a tin and are fine even a week later!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment